OSU President's Challenge
Vote for your favorite fund
Thanks to a gift from Interim President Becky Johnson and her wife Lori Elkins, ’03, M.S. ’06, the OSU President’s Challenge empowers members of the OSU community to vote for their favorite of the following five funds, all of which make an incredible and important impact on OSU students. Each of the five funds will receive a prize, ranging from $5,000 to $1,000, based on voting.
Vote for your favorite and get loud to encourage your friends and family to vote as well. More votes will result in more resources to help students!
- Basic Needs Center: The BNC (formerly the HSRC) provides food assistance, free laundry services, emergency housing support, laptop loans and more.
- Dean of Students’ Emergency Fund: This fund helps OSU students experiencing severe financial challenges who need immediate support to continue on their path to graduation.
- Ecampus Student Success Fund: This fund provides resources for OSU’s online students to stay on track to graduate while they juggle work, family and other major life responsibilities.
- OSU Scholarships and Fellowships: Undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships ease students’ financial burdens and reward them for academic excellence, leadership and achievement.
- OSU-Cascades Student Emergency Fund: This fund helps OSU-Cascades students experiencing severe financial challenges who need immediate support to continue on their path to graduation.
- 1st Place (highest number of votes) -- $5,000
- 2nd Place -- $3,000
- 3rd Place -- $2,000
- 4th and 5th Place -- $1,000 each